1. Allocation of time for the AIPGMEE shall be as follows :
Candidate Entry Time at Reporting Counter : Forenoon Session : 09:00 AM, Afternoon Session : 14:45 PM.
Reporting Counter Entry Closes : Forenoon Session : 09:30 AM, Afternoon Session : 15:15 PM.
Check-in Procedures : Forenoon Session : 09:00 AM TO 10:00 AM, Afternoon Session : 14:45 PM TO 15:45 PM.
Test Start Time : Forenoon Session : 10:00 AM, Afternoon Session : 15:45 PM.
Test End Time : Forenoon Session : 01:45 PM, Afternoon Session : 19:30 PM.
Kindly note that the candidates shall be allocated to appear either in FORENOON session or in the AFTERNOON session i.e. the AIPGMEE comprises of ONE session/candidate only.
2. Syllabus : The syllabus for the test shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;
3. The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network.
4. The test comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only.
The weightage of MCQ’s in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its right to alter/vary/amend the same.
5. Negative marking: There shall be no negative marking
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR AIPGMEE 2014 :
SUBJECT : SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS (IN NUMBERS)
1 ANATOMY 15
2 PHYSIOLOGY 15
3 BIOCHEMISTRY 15
4 PHARMACOLOGY 20
5 MICROBIOLOGY 20
6 PATHOLOGY 25
7 FORENSIC MEDICINE 10
8 SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE 25
9 MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENERELOGY 37
10 SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANESTHESIA 46
11 RADIODIAGNOSIS AND RADIOTHERAPY 12(6+6)
12 OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY 20
13 BIOPHYSICS 5
14 PAEDIATRICS 15
15 OPHTHALMOLOGY 10
16 PSYCHIATRY 10
GRAND TOTAL : 300