1) The candidate must be an Indian National.
2) A candidate who holds MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI or a foreign medical degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and who has obtained full registration from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible for admission to Christian Medical College, Ludhiana.
3) Candidates who have obtained their MBBS from colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India will not be granted admission.
4) An Indian National who qualified from a Foreign University / School must produce an eligibility certificate recognizing the qualifying examination as equivalent to MBBS as recognized by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences and the Medical Council of India. This may be obtained from the
i) Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Kotkapura Road, Faridkot-
151203, Punjab, http://www.babafariduniv.com
ii) The Secretary, Medical Council of India, MCI at Sector-8, Pocket-14, Dwarka-1,
New Delhi-110075. http://www.mciindia.org
5) A candidate who after passing the final qualifying examination (MBBS or the foreign Medical degree recognized by MCI) is undergoing 12 month compulsory internship / practical training and is likely to complete the same by 31.03.2014 can take the examination but he/ she shall not be eligible for admission unless he / she has completed the compulsory rotating internship and obtained full registration on or before 31.03.2014 or the candidate produces a certificate from the head of institution that he / she will be completing internship by 31.03.2014.
6) No condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be accepted unless approved by the Medical Council of India along with necessary proof of the approval of the Medical Council of India. The condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be restricted to the period up to 31.03.2014 and not beyond that date.
7) Registration with the MCI / State Medical council is necessary and its documentary proof shall be furnished at the time of counselling.
8) PG Diploma candidates currently registered for a diploma course under any university including Baba Farid University of Health Sciences may only be considered as per the existing rules and regulations of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences.
CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THEIR SERVICE OBLIGATION OF TWO YEARS, AS REQUIRED FOR CANDIDATES OF CMC LUDHIANA, FOR ANY REASON AND THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THE SERVICE OBLIGATION PREMATURELY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR POST GRADUATION IN CMC LUDHIANA, IN ANY CATEGORY.