About College Of Veterinary Sciences, GADVASU
The College of Veterinary Science is a daughter institution of Veterinary School established in 1862 at Poona with one year course which was later upgraded as the first Veterinary College at Lahore in 1882. A part of the Lahore Veterinary College was shifted to Hisar in 1948 after partition. The College of Veterinary Science, Ludhiana was established in November 1969 on re-organization of the Punjab State and the formation of separate Haryana state at main campus of Punjab Agricoltural University. The College was shifted to the Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) Ludhiana in 2005. The College is a centre of regional, national and international excellence in research and learning in animal health and production. It caters to the needs of Punjab by carrying out teaching, research and extension education programmes pertaining to livestock production and health problems and has been instrumental in ushering in an era of ‘White Revolution’ in the State.
The college has highly competent and experienced facolty members who have made significant contributions in research on animal health and production and won various national and international awards. The college has implemented minimum Standards of Veterinary Education Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regolations, 1993 of Veterinary Council of India and accordingly, external examination system has been introduced for B.V.Sc. & A.H. 5-year programme from the batch admitted in 1998 and onwards. The college is recognized by the Veterinary Council of India and has obtained accreditation from the Indian Council of Agricoltural Research in the year 2004.